Alerts for: Yorkton - Melville - Esterhazy
7:12 PM CST Friday 18 April 2014
Snowfall warning in effect for:
- R.M. of Calder including Calder and Wroxton
- R.M. of Cana including Melville
- R.M. of Churchbridge including Churchbridge and MacNutt
- R.M. of Fertile Belt including Esterhazy Stockholm and Bangor
- R.M. of Garry including Jedburgh
- R.M. of Grayson including Grayson Dubuc and Killaly
- R.M. of Langenburg including Langenburg Yarbo and Marchwell
- R.M. of McLeod including Lemberg and Neudorf
- R.M. of Orkney including Yorkton Springside and Ebenezer
- R.M. of Saltcoats including Saltcoats and Bredenbury
- R.M. of Spy Hill including Spy Hill Gerald and Tantallon
- R.M. of Stanley including Goodeve Fenwood and Duff
- R.M. of Wallace including Rhein Stornoway Tonkin and Rokeby
Snowfall - early evening to early morning.
Snowfall, with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm continues.
A low pressure system tracking across southern Saskatchewan this evening continues to bring an area of moderate snow over east central areas of the province towards the Manitoba border. About 5 to 10 cm of wet snow has been reported today in the snowfall warning area and additional snowfall is expected tonight especially along and north of Highway 5. Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are expected through Saturday morning, although some areas will see considerable melting due to temperatures near the freezing mark.
Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow. Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow.
Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please continue to monitor your local media or Weatheradio for further updates. If you would like to report severe weather, you can call 1-800-239-0484 or send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports to #SKStorm.
- Date modified: