Terms and Conditions
About the information on this Canadian Government server
This server is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Every effort has been taken to provide the most recent and reliable information available. However, timely and accurate delivery of data and products from this server through the Internet is not guaranteed.
Terms and conditions of use of Meteorological Data via RSS or WeatherLink (the "Applications")
Version 1.0 October 2010
WHEREAS Environment Canada (EC) is the owner or licensee of rights in the Data provided through the Applications;
THEREFORE permission is hereby granted to download and use the Data and Applications, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this license agreement.
- Downloading and/or using the Data provided through the Applications will indicate your acceptance to enter into a license agreement with Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, acting through and as represented by the Minister of the Environment. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, do not download or use the Data provided through the Applications.
- EC is pleased to grant you a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive and non-assignable license to use the Data provided through the Applications subject to the terms and restrictions set forth herein. If you are acting on behalf of an organization, you represent to EC that you are duly authorized to act on behalf of this organization and that the organization hereby gives its assent to be bound to EC by the terms and conditions of this license agreement. As used herein, "you" and "your" refers to you and to any organization on behalf of which you are acting.
- You will have access to the Data as offered at the time of access of the said Data. EC has no obligation whatsoever to keep on providing services and/or upgrades of the Data.
- The Data and all the accompanying documentation are copyrighted, with all rights reserved to Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada. You may use and customize the Data to adapt it to your end purpose as well as redistribute the Data and/or its customization. No fee will be charged explicitly for the Data distributed to any third party, but you can charge for customization and/or value-added services. Redistribution to any other third party is only permitted when that third party has been informed by you of the terms and conditions of use of the Data provided through the Applications as described herein, and that accessing and using the redistributed Data provided through the Applications imply their acceptance of those conditions.
- Furthermore, in consideration of the royalty-free license herein given and in accordance with the content of the accompanying documentation and material, such as the Applications, you shall acknowledge EC as the source of the Data provided through the RSS or WeatherLink Applications. It must be easily identifiable for any individual given access to your services and/or products that the source of the Data provided through these Applications is Environment Canada.
- EC does not warrant the quality, accuracy, or completeness of any information or Data found on its Web site. Such information and Data are provided on an "AS IS" basis without warranty or condition of any nature. EC disclaims all other warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the Data retrieved, and any accompanying materials.
- Furthermore, in no event shall Her Majesty, the Government of Canada, EC, or any of their officers, employees or agents be liable for any damages whatsoever in respect of any claim, action, demand or proceeding of any kind arising out or related to your use, inability to use or performance of the Data and the Applications.
- This license and the rights granted hereunder will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of receiving written advice from EC.
- Date modified: